AIST collects personal information to be able to provide services to our members. To provide those services AIST engages with a variety of different stakeholders. This policy covers all of the stakeholders that we interact with. Consequently we collect personal information for a variety of reasons including:
- to tailor the content of our website to your preference
- to improve our online services
- to process member and non-member registrations
- to maintain membership records
- to facilitate member elections to the AIST board
- to establish and run professional development programs
- to maintain academic records in accordance with regulatory body requirements
- to develop and provide member services and member benefits
- to identify information and services relevant to membership of AIST or to the industry
- to represent the profit-to-member superannuation industry to external parties
- to provide special offers on behalf of our industry partners, sponsors and exhibitors at events and conferences
- to partner with organisations relevant to our members' needs
This information is collected to further AIST's objectives as set out in our constitution.
We collect information such as names, addresses, telephone and email contacts as well as information that helps build our contact profiles, such as your gender, employer, position title and areas of interest and expertise. We collect information on membership status, AIST events attended and continuing professional development hours earned with AIST. We may also collect information you provide to us about your educational qualifications.
We also collect details of the products and services you have purchased from us or that you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
We may also collect any additional information that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites, digital or online presence, that you provide to our representatives or otherwise.
In some cases we collect information you provide to us regarding dietary requirements, medical conditions, disabilities and your emergency contacts.
To facilitate international events we also collect information you provide us for international travel arrangements such as your passport number, date of birth, travel insurance details, citizenship and your place of birth.
We may collect information about you from biographies you provide us for events or publications, including photographs. We also photograph, audio and video record many of our events, and we also store that information.
We collect your personal information as you provide it to us through our registration department and team, customer surveys or interactions with our representatives from time to time.
We also collect information about non-members for the purposes of providing information about membership, services and products, as well as to support our education, information, research and advocacy activities.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.