The Scholarship program provides a variety of knowledge and skills-based training to the next generation of trustee directors in Australia’s 1.4 trillion profit-to-member super sector. The 12 month program is sponsored by IFM Investors and supported by AIST and the ACTU in honour of the inaugural and former IFM Investors Chair and industry pioneer, Garry Weaven.
The winners of the 2021 scholarship are:
Trustee Director, Hostplus
Trustee Director, TWUSUPER
Trustee Director, legalsuper
Trustee Director, First Super
AIST CEO Eva Scheerlinck said the winners of this year’s scholarship had impressed the selection panel with their passion and commitment to the profit-to-member super sector and the need to improve retirement outcomes for members.
“This scholarship will enable a group of very passionate and young trustee directors to enhance their leadership skills and further develop their understanding of best practice governance in superannuation which is so important to delivering optimum member outcomes,” Ms Scheerlinck said.
Activities offered as part of the Garry Weaven Emerging Trustee Scholarship program include:
- Enrolment in the Harvard University Trustee Leadership Forum with ACTU delegation, being held at Harvard University, Cambridge, Boston, USA
- Attendance at the ACTU Super Trustees Forum
- Enrolment in the AIST Trustee Director Course
- Allocation to a suitable mentor
- Membership to AIST in the year of the scholarship