Building on “Introduction to Investments in Super”, this course examines how super funds develop and maintain their investment governance frameworks. Over half a day, participants will identify trustees’ investment duties and what to consider when developing and reviewing investment strategies.
Who should register?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to meet their ongoing CPD obligations or gain a new and clearer understanding of how super funds meet their investment governance obligations. Whether you are an industry newcomer, current fund employee, trustee director, service provider or regulator, we welcome you to participate in this valuable course.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive 3.5 CPD points and an AIST Statement of Completion.
Gain a better understanding of:
- Trustees’ core investment obligations
- The key elements of an investment governance framework
- What other policies are required, and why
- Investment strategy monitoring and review
Topics will include
- How trustees are required to manage members money under the SIS Act and prudential standards
- What trustees consider when developing and maintaining an investment governance framework
- A practical look at the supporting policies and practices that trustees need to support the investment process including stress-testing, valuing assets, liquidity, reserving, derivatives, managing currency, tax and responsible investments
- How trustees monitor and review their investment arrangements
Three and a half hours including short breaks.