Explores the intricacies and differences between concessional and non-concessional contributions, including the numerous incentives for making them, and the pitfalls for members who don’t understand them. This course is designed for super fund practitioners who need either an introduction to, or a deeper understanding of this complex area of super, and the contribution restrictions and strategies that can influence how members engage with their retirement planning.
Who should register?
Superannuation administrators and fund employees who may need a better understanding of contributions, and the knowledge required to confidently discuss them with members or employers.
Participants will understand:
- The reason for pre- and post-tax contributions
- The range of contribution limits, thresholds and tax rates
- The incentives to make extra contributions
- Employer contribution obligations
- Types of contributions
- Contribution caps and limits
- Employer super guarantee contribution obligations
- Salary sacrifice and other incentives for making extra contributions
1.5-hour virtual classroom
Please visit our website to register or to find out more information about the course.
Intended audience (roles):
- Call Centre
- Member Education
- Employer Relations
- Business Development
- Member / employer engagement
- Marketing / member communications