Provides super fund administrators and member-facing representatives with a deep-dive into the complexities and practicalities of today’s preservation rules and conditions of release, and the restrictions and benefits created by these. By examining super in the context of its trust structure, course participants will also gain a good understanding of the obligations and best practice around death benefit nominations.
Who should register?
Superannuation administrators and any member-facing employees who may need a better understanding of the regulations and processes that restrict access to super, and improved knowledge of why the super trust structure makes valid death benefit nominations important.
Participants will understand:
- The background to the typical components of a super account
- The interaction between the preservation and condition of release rules
- The tax treatment of benefit payments
- Who can be a dependant and the importance of valid beneficiary nominations
- Components of a super account
- Preservation and conditions of release
- Evidence required for benefit payments
- Taxation of benefit payments
- Binding death benefit nominations
1.5-hour virtual classroom
Please visit our website to register or to find out more information about the course.
Intended audience (roles):
- Call Centre
- Member Education
- Business Development
- Member / employer engagement
- Marketing / member communications