AIST’s Advanced Trustee Director Course is designed for experienced trustee directors and is a step up from the Trustee Director Course Build Your Expertise. This contemporary course will further enhance your effectiveness in the boardroom.
The structure of the course has been informed by discussions with APRA regarding trustee director skills and the rapidly evolving business environment for funds.
The Advanced Trustee Director Course has a focus on developing the competencies of the board as a collegiate body which robustly debates issues before taking decisions in the best interest of members.
Who should register?
The course is designed for trustee directors with three or more years of trustee board experience and fund senior executives who seek deeper superannuation-specific board skills, knowledge and experience. It will benefit those who are taking up or aspiring to chair positions or roles within the board and board committees and those who want to continue to improve their skills and knowledge base.
Participants can undertake individual modules in investment, risk, strategy and/or board culture and governance or complete all five modules and earn the post-nominal of GAIST (Adv.) - Graduate of Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees Advanced Trustee Director’s Course.
To obtain the full 50 CPD hours assessments must be completed for each module and for the course overall. The assessment requirements will be outlined on the first day of the course.
Additional information on CPD is available here.
- Build in depth knowledge of investment governance frameworks and ensure you focus on what’s important, including understanding the nuances of the latest regulatory changes
- Know how to take your risk culture to the next level
- Improve your capacity regarding technology and outsourcing risk governance
- Enhance your skills regarding investment governance including stress testing and the oversight of ESG, including climate related risks and opportunities
- Enhance your ability to guide the strategic direction of the fund and improve member outcomes
- Build your capacity to contribute to good decision making in potential fund mergers
Trustee Director Dinner
After meeting and working with your TDC peers virtually, this networking dinner is an opportunity to catch up with peers and build relationships in an informal setting. Attendees will have the chance to talk with trustee director course participants as well as TDC alumni and senior AIST staff representatives. It will be a great opportunity to talk about what is happening in the industry, share experience and knowledge. Don’t miss out on this special opportunity.
Please note: Registration for the Trustee Director Dinner is open to participants of the corresponding Trustee Director course only. Full course participants are automatically registered as part of their enrolment.